- Position at J&J: Purchasing Agent
- Years with J&J Acoustics: 1 year
3 Things About Me
- Personal: I was born in 1995 in Hayward, California. My first time working for J&J was as a stocker/scrapper back in 2013. In 2019, I received my bachelor’s degree in professional public and organizational communication from CSU East Bay. After graduating, I began looking for work in the field of communication facilitation/human resources. I decided to come work for J&J because it was a great opportunity to work for a fantastic company.
- Family: My father, Rick, has been with J&J for nearly 27 years. He instilled in me both a great work ethic and the knowledge that while construction is hard work, it can also be incredibly fulfilling work. My love of reading and writing can be credited to my mother, Marta, who lives in a small town in the Mojave Desert. I often drive out there for holidays to visit with her, as well as take the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful desert landscape.
- Hobbies: I enjoy watching the NBA, obviously the Warriors are my favorite team. I am a huge gamer, whether it be First-Person shooters titles or Adventure games, I like to play it all. I have a dog, Coco, which I like to play fetch with (or ‘keep away, in her mind). I’m into various types of music, but especially Hip-hop/Rap, and all the old hits from the 70’s/80’s. When I get a chance to be outdoors I enjoy jet skiing, wakeboarding, and riding ATVs through the desert.
What I Like About Working at J & J Acoustics
The best thing about working for J&J is the empowerment of the employees to succeed. Other companies could take a lesson from how J&J empowers its employees to expand their base of knowledge while continuing to work to improve the company. In various service industry jobs I've held before, you will have a manager or trainer looking over your shoulder, constantly second-guessing your decisions. At J&J, I feel as though I have been trained to do a job, and the expectation is that I will get the job done. This gives me the freedom to learn and grow in my capacity as a purchasing agent, while still giving me the opportunity to seek out help and guidance if needed. Before working at J&J, I would hear from various employees how it felt like a family, and I was forced to wonder if that's just something people say. I can now confidently confirm what my colleagues had told me before I started working here: J & J Acoustics really is a family, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it!